2. The class I live for.
3. The after-school activity you actually enjoy.
4. What you look forward to all year long, and you even love marching in the mud, the rain, and the blazing hot sun at band camp.
5. It taught me to appreciate the dirty things in life.
6. The late night bus rides where you play games, sing cheesy songs, and make out with your bus buddy (hey it's dark, and ALMOST no one can see).
7. Getting naked in front of everyone and loving it.
8. Your real family, that you love and also want to do things with.
9. It takes up all your free time and you love it.
10. Something to actually be proud of, since we work harder than the football team, probably win more awards, and we have more fun. Plus, it's one of the only sports that has boys and girls. You can never go wrong with that.
11. The feeling of belonging to something.
12. The BEST THING ON THE PLANET!!!
At one band competition, we got to the school at 2 A.M. and got back at 4 in the morning the next day. I was tired, my feet hurt and I had five shots in my coffee just to stay awake. And for that 24 hours my home was the white tent where we changed, my family was the band and all my friends, and heaven was those styrofoam cups of burning hot chocolate and out sock feet stepping in rain puddles while we frantically changed into marching uniforms. It's the amazing feeling you get when you finish the last note of your marching show, and the sound resonates all around the stadium, and you snap back to attention trying so hard not to smile because you're so happy.